Sunday, September 5, 2010

Childhood Memories


A sunny day at the end of summer and a group of kids from one of the farming villages are playing in the dirt road in front of their houses. They are all wearing plastic sandals, not much different from those I remember kids wearing during the summers in California many, many years ago. Though mothers are keeping an ear out for the kids and checking on them, they have much less supervision than many children are used to these days. A few feet away another pair of children is pushing a baby in a wheelbarrow. I remember taking younger brothers and sisters for similar rides. Some things in childhood never change, I guess.

4 comments:

Bess V. said...

A perfect shot to capture the end of the summer mood, in Egypt or anywhere really.

Umesh Pherwani said...

nice natural capture.

Umesh Pherwani said...

nice natural capture

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

I ran unsupervised and barefoot around my little home town. I still remember the feel of the hot pavement under my feet!
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit