Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Women


There is a small grouping of about four houses on a trail that I love to ride in the countryside just north of Sakkara. The track is narrow and can only be navigated by donkey, motorcycle, on foot or by horse. The children who live here are always happy to see us come by and greet us politely. The women are also very welcoming and willing to be photographed, something that isn't so common out here. It's pretty hard to get a good photograph from horseback, but this time I did and I have to take them into town to have them printed for the women and the children.

4 comments:

W drodze... said...

I dream about horse riding without any rush across countryside in Egypt :) Thank you for your all everyday photos... My best regards
Ula

The Caretaker said...

Very interesting blog, great photos.
Regards,
Jeffrey Dallas Moore

brattcat said...

You got a great photograph. I hope they enjoy their copies.

The Equestrian Vagabond said...

I bet they'll love that. I love the bright colors they wear.
- The Equestrian Vagabond

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit