Thursday, June 14, 2007

They're Back!


One of the sporting activities that young Egyptian men enjoy and in which they do well competitively is apparently bodybuilding. Anyone who has ever met me will know that I do not go in for lifting heavy weights and creating muscles that can quiver and jiggle, but I do have a client who brings me the latest in Egypt's bodybuilders every year. Ulrich is a photographer from New York who contacted me last year to do a photo shoot with some of Egypt's competitors at an international contest, and he contacted me again this year. He likes to take pictures at quiet pyramids and use horses in the photos. I help him out with both. It's certainly good for three days of work and a few laughs.

6 comments:

lv2scpbk said...

They have great rock hard bodies. I bet it's alot of work to maintain that.

Susan said...

I'm starting to think it's no accident they come to your corner of the desert, Maryanne! ;-)

Maryanne Stroud Gabbani said...

Believe me, trying to get these guys on the horses is a hoot. In the first place, if anything they are even more concerned with their male dignity than your garden variety Egyptian male. And quite frankly all those muscles don't flex so well, nor are they of the right variety for riding. I'm sure there are some eyebrows raised among the guards at the rockpiles where we shoot when they see all these almost naked young men (I didn't post the Speedo shots) and I'm the only woman. Not actually my taste, however.

Susan said...

Please do post the speedo shots!

Anonymous said...

Well, Maryanne...it's a tough job, but someone's got to do it!!!!

Sigh!! If you ever need any help.... ;0)

Anonymous said...

A startling image. They're built like human pyramids!

Flickr Photos

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Miloflamingo. Make your own badge here.

Other City Daily Photo Blogs

CDPB Logo
Search by city:  
+ Africa
+ Asia & Pacific
+ Europe & Middle East
+ North America
+ South America

Come and Visit